Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Long-Awaited, Highly Anticipated FARMER POST!

Okay Ross, you asked for it!! I am going to try really hard to sound all farmer-like and blog you some Saskatchewan farmer info (and yes, Angie, I hear you giggling!). Here we go with all the things new at the farm...
Number One--we bought new cows. They are black baldies--does anyone need a definition? Because I actually know what that means. Here they are...

And this is how close they are to my house, see my house? See where the cows are? That's close, (again Angie I hear the giggles).


Number Two--we bought a forklift at an auction. It has a cab and no rust--which I hear is real find when getting a forklift at an auction. Here it is in action, stacking bags of lentils (I think lentils, but it could be Japanese barley).

Number Three--here is the truck coming to pick up the load of lentils. I think they are headed to Germany. Please note the forklift in action. (Soon I will also post a picture of the container truck coming to pick up the Japanese Barley, it just has to actually GET HERE, I think it was booked for Tuesday the 27th)

Number Four--Just in case people don't think Saskatchewan is beautiful, here is our backyard...

How was that Ross? Okay, not really informative. I am not really that into farming that's all, sorry. I tried, that was me trying pretty hard, I even threw in pictures--OF COWS. Angie, back me up, that was a good try for me wasn't it???? Jammer, weren't you impressed? I threw in the words "black baldies" and I knew what it MEANT?!!!!! Without your support I am going to be back to bra shopping stories (please note the pun...bra/support...kinda funny? No? Sorry Ross). I'll keep trying.

6 comments:

J said...

For not being a farmer you sure do sound like one. Maybe it's all rubbing off on you. You'll be saying "use-guys" and "four-shure" soon...sounding like an authentic Sask. farmer's wife. I mean you already know how to make great buns, raise three kids in the middle of nowhere and...you know the what kind of cows your husband raises. Sorry girl, I think you're on your way.
hee, hee.

Oh Joy said...

You are just plain mean.

Ross O said...

It's 6-15am here and I just laughed so much I think I woke the neighbours, don't get me wrong, I am reeeealy impressed,but I am sure you meant to be funny as well so top marks all round, farm girl, the story and pic's were worth waiting for.Your new cows look to be loving that green grass, not much of that in Aus at the minute.

Oh Joy said...

Oh so glad you (and your neighbors) enjoyed it. I have another one coming...soon. Just gotta get me that picture again...

Angela Oliver said...

glenza - you always amuse me...i am definitely giggling
nuff said

Oh Joy said...

I hear those giggles my sweet sister. And I miss them.

And remember that jealousy is a sin...so don't be so jealous of my forklift.