Sunday, February 19, 2012

I made Mickey




Last year we went to Disneyland.  I can't believe how caught up I got in all it.  Couldn't go back this year but it sure didn't stop me from obsessing.   Plus, since I obsess with making things cheaper yet better, I started to Google (I also obsess about Google) and plot out new ideas.  One thing I decided is to jack-up the autograph books. Like jack-them up but not really pay much for them.

Thankfully some friends let me use their kids as my guinea pigs so I got to try my idea on 5 books. These books are meeting Mickey as we speak!!
So it's kinda like I'm there right?!)  No, I didn't think so.

Anyway, this is what I made for books. I am pretty happy with them as I am NOT a crafty person (ask my BBF MoJo who had herself one great laugh when I said I needed some crafting supplies).


The inside and backside covers have pockets so you can store ticket stubs or stickers...anything you wanna keep.  Or in my kids case--the things you think you wanna keep but later your mom pitches out half your hoard.


I made the books as flat and light as I could.   I don't wanna lug around heavy, coiled books.  Those coils drive me nuts EVERYTHING gets caught in there.  And they HAVE to be lightweight b/c let's face it,  I am gonna be the one toting them around.  


So now that I made  five of them I feel like I am ready to make some for my own three kids.  I just need a reason.  Tickets would help.

No comments: